Welcome to the Otherspace
* * * * *
Official site of author Seth M. Baker
- What Should You Send to Beta Readers?
7 years, 1 month ago
Cookies and beer would be a good place to start, but you probably wouldn't be able to get the media mail rate on that. Here's what I did.
On February 1st, I mailed five packages to the brave souls who had previously agreed to beta read The End of the Iron Age, Book 2. I wanted to make their life easier, so in addition to a spiral-bound version of Book 2, I also included
- Instructions on the kind of feedback I was looking for
- A synopsis of Book 1
- A red ink pen (aka the red pen of doom)
- 1 prepaid media mail sticker.
- Pre-printed return labels
- Two copies of Book 1
Including two-way shipping, the total cost for each beta reader pack was just under $23. Not bad.
Share on Facebook