I’ve decided to read every book in NPR’s Top 100 Sci-Fi and Fantasy Book List then write a short post about each book. I can’t make any promises regarding frequency of updates, but I should be able to post about this project twice a month.
Why would I do this?
- I like to read sci-fi and fantasy.
- This will provide easy fodder for content here.
- I’m not above using gimmicks to attract readers to my modest little site.
- I have an infant who likes to sleep on my chest while I read.
First, a few ground rules:
- I will write400-500 words for each book, but…
- I’ll read the first one. (The Xantha series comprises 36 books, so you can see the sense in this)
- I intend to finish this project by the end of 2014.
- In most cases, I won’t re-read a book I’ve already read (I’ve already read 27 of the entries)
- Almost everything else I’m working on will take precedence over this project.
If you’d like to follow me on my quixotic project, join the other cool kids and signup for email updates.